How to Bid on HVAC Service Contracts: 5 things to consider
Everything you need to know about how to bid on HVAC Service Contracts
Do you need some help with how to bid for HVAC service contracts?
What should I include in my HVAC service contract?
If you’re learning how to bid on HVAC Service contracts, you’ll be wondering what to include in your response. Here’s what the buyer is looking for:
- Business details
- Service definitions
- Service modifications
- Date and signature
5 things to consider
Now we can look at what you need to remember when it comes to bidding for HVAC service contracts. Here are 5 things to consider when bidding for HVAC contracts:
The first point of contact you make with the buyer will be the bid. Demonstrate as many signs of credibility as possible. List all the certifications and accreditations you have gained. The more qualifications you have, the more reputable and experienced you will appear to the buyer.
There are many deadlines throughout the duration of the tendering process. Be sure to note down deadline date or stay updated for any changes. It may affect your timings, register for notifications so you be alerted of any changes. Submitting your response or turning up to any pre-bid meetings late doesn’t look good for you. It will give the impression that you’re lazy and unprofessional and could cost you the bid.
When it comes to pricing, you’ll need to figure to figure the following:
- What materials will you need?
- How long will it take to install and test the equipment?
- Will you need to obtain any permits?
- Will you need to meet any building inspectors at the site?
All these factors will contribute what you are planning to charge for your services. Remember, if you price too low, the buyer may question your legitimacy. Being the lowest bidder doesn’t always win you the contracts. However, if you price too high, the buyer will just opt for a cheaper bidder. Price your services just right.
Create added value
There are going to be a lot of people bidding for the same contract. Show the buyer what you can bring to the table that your competitors can’t. Make your response stand out and demonstrate why you’re the best for the job.
Your response should provide social value. This is how your service can ehance the community you’re working in such as:
- Creating new jobs and promoting skills;
- Encouraging economic growth;
- Supporting COVID-19 recovery;
- Tackling climate change, and;
Submitting the bid
The final thing to consider when it comes to how to bid for HVAC service contracts is submitting it. Be sure to follow any submission guidelines the buyer has listed. If you ignore the buyer’s instructions, you may lose marks or have your bid disqualified.
Below are some HVAC services tenders sourced on our portal:
200048 – 031 Replacement HVAC – Expressions of Interest
Public Health England – South West – Budget: Undisclosed
COVID 19 MITIGATION FOR THE HEATING VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) AT HQ, SAFESIDE AND HAYMIILS FIRE STATION
West Midlands Fire and Rescue Authority – West Midlands Budget: £220k
GB-Eastbourne: HVAC Controls DGH Phase 2
East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – South East Budget: £100k
GB-York: HVAC and Air Conditioning Planned Maintenance ITT
York St John University – Yorkshire and Humber Budget: £500k
HVAC Maintenance Services
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine – London Budget: £750k
Where to find HVAC Service Contracts?
A subscription to Facilities Tenders offers your business:
- Access to all exclusive, public and private sector opportunities within the facilities management industry.
- An on-hand Account Manager is available to answer any questions you may have about HVAC tenders. They can help you understand the procurement process and answer any questions you have about the tendering process in general.
- A daily email bulletin sent straight to your inbox when new, sector-specific opportunities are uploaded.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- 20-minutes of free consultancy with one of our Bid Consultants each month.
Want to save even more time?
Upgrading to Discover Elite allows you to identify tender opportunities – even when you’re busy. Our two upgraded packages can improve your competitor awareness and bidding success rate. Each can help save you even more time when searching for utilities tenders.
The Ultimate Time Saver package offers your business:
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option can help businesses that overlap two industries such as Facilities and Logistics, for example.
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management, including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid strategy.
- Weekly phone calls with your Account Manager to discuss viable tendering opportunities
Contact us for further help and support for growing your business.
Need assistance with how to bid for HVAC service contracts?
You may not have the time or resources in house to write a winning tender response in house. Outsourcing to tender writing specialists can help you secure your next contract.
Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, provide four levels of bid writing support services. Our Bid Writers have over 60 years of collective bid writing experience and an 87% success rate. Whether you’re new to tendering or need your response proofread – we can help.
Tender Ready is the perfect programme for those who are completely new to tendering. You’ll have access to an expert Bid Consultant to answer any questions that you may have. You’ll also get a year’s subscription to our Logistics Tenders portal.
If you have already been applying for tenders but aren’t seeing success our Tender Improvement package can help. Our Bid Writers will go over your previous submissions and provide feedback and guidance.
Have you found the perfect courier delivery contract for your business but are struggling to start? Send it over to our Bid Writing team and they can write the whole response for you. If you use our Tender Writing service, they’ll even submit it on your behalf!
Our Bid Writers can look over a bid response you’ve already written, checking it for errors before you submit. Sometimes you just need another pair of eyes to go over your response and our Tender Mentor service can help.
You Might Also Like
- 10 Things to Expect from Fire Alarm Maintenance Tenders
- A Guide to The Utilities Procurement Regulations
- How to Prepare for Energy Tenders in the UK
- How to Win Lawn Care Contracts up for Bid
- Asbestos Tender Opportunities: 5 Things to Expect
- How to Bid on Landscaping Jobs
- Commercial Maintenance Contracts: 5 Things to Expect When Tendering
- How to Get Security Contracts for My Company
- How to Prepare for Gritting Tenders
- Boiler Contracts in the UK: What to Expect