Asbestos Tender Opportunities: 5 Things to Expect
Asbestos tender opportunities and where to find them
Asbestos tender opportunities are fairly common within the facilities industry. They are released by both the public and private sector. Although, you can expect to see more asbestos tender opportunities released by public sector organisations, such as local councils. They are used to procure services and works in relation to asbestos.
You may be able to find asbestos tender opportunities for:
- Surveying, sampling and analytical services
- Testing and consultancy
- Asbestos management services.
Asbestos was used in building works from the 20th Century, with the peak usage in the 60s and 70s. There is an array of buildings that now need it removed or tested after its ban in the 1980s. These may include:
- Educational premises
- Leisure centres
- Social housing
- Community centre
- Shop units
- Residential homes.
5 Things you can expect from asbestos tender opportunities
A framework agreement is a multi-supplier agreement used by public sector organisations. They are used by a buyer to secure multiple suppliers for particular services, goods and works. They’re also used by buyers if there is a contract with multiple locations.
The length of framework agreements can range from a few months to multiple years at a time. Some offer the possibility of an extension and securing a place can be a lucrative opportunity for your business. They are a great way of securing a pipeline of work for your company.
They are split into lots and each lot is a specific good, service or location. It allows suppliers to tender for work applying for the certain lot[s] they can deliver. This means a supplier doesn’t have to be able to provide the whole contract. Depending on the buyer, and the framework, a supplier may be able to apply for multiple lots. In this case, a supplier will have to provide hard evidential proof they have the resources to deliver multiple lots.
Below is an example of an asbestos tender framework agreement broken into locational lots:
Lot 1 – Birmingham City Council
Lot 2 – Wolverhampton City Council
Lot 3 – Coventry City Council
Lot 4 – Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
Lot 5 – Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
If you were only able to provide your services to the Solihull area, you would only apply for Lot 5.
A method statement
You will likely be asked to provide a method statement when applying for asbestos tender opportunities. An example question that may be asked is:
“Please provide a method statement from an operational perspective detailing how the project works will be undertaken in an occupied building, where you perceive the key risks are in operating in an occupied building and how you proposed to mitigate these risks (your answer should be limited to 500 words).”
For this, you could include a step-by-step guide detailing how you would deliver the work at hand. A focus on carrying out the works safely is crucial. Including how employees carry out work in a safe manner to prevent injury to themselves or others is also vital. Typically, a method statement will include how your business handles the following:
- First aid
- Staff and training
- Tools and equipment
- Material handling.
Proof of relevant qualifications and accreditations
When writing your proposal for asbestos tender opportunities, you can expect to provide evidence of your technical capability. Buyers will likely ask what relevant qualifications, accreditations and licences your business and employees have. These could be:
- ISO 9001; 14001
- OHAS 18001
- Asbestos Removal Licence
- ConstructionLine certificate.
This is because they want to be reassured that your business upholds best practice.
Value for money
Public sector contracts will be awarded to the most economically advantageous tender, which is known as the MEAT. They want to be assured that taxpayer’s money is spent on tenders that present the most value for money. Buyers will be looking at more than just price. They will be looking at aspects of your tender response individually and combined.
Each buyer has different needs and requirements. The tender specification will detail what aspects the buyer will be evaluating the tender on. It could include the following:
- Environmental aspects
- Ability to deliver on time
- Technical ability
Asbestos tenders in the public sector will have an evaluated section on social value. The minimum weighting is 10%, but it can be as large as 30%. Social value covers the social, economic and environmental aspects of a contract. You should be making pledges that you can keep in your tender response. This is because they are likely to be contractually binding. Therefore, it is something that you should carefully consider.
Due to the nature of asbestos, it’s likely that there’ll be an emphasis on the environmental aspects of a contract. Social value considerations you could include in your response could be:
- COVID-19 recovery
- Supporting the local community through employment of local labour
- Reducing waste
- Paying National Living Wage
- The sustainable and environmental practices you implement
- Equality and diversity policies
- Apprenticeship training.
Need help writing your next asbestos tender proposal?
You may not have the time or the resources to write a winning response for asbestos tenders in-house. It can take hours out of your day, and some questions can be confusing if you’ve never tendered before. Outsourcing to a bid writing company can help take the headache out of tendering, maximising your chances of success.
Our sister company Hudson Succeed, are experts in tender responses. They have over 60 years of bid writing experience and an 87% success rate. They offer four bid writing support services that can help you win more asbestos tender opportunities. Whether you’re completely new to tendering or need a response proofread before you submit – they can help.
Once you’ve found the perfect asbestos tender opportunity for your business, send it our way. Our Bid Writers can take care of it all for you and they’ll even submit it on your behalf. They’ll let you know what they need from you, providing you with a full Tender Writing breakdown.
Our Tender Ready 4-week programme is perfect for those who have never tendered before. A Bid Writer will work with you to make sure you have everything you need in place to tender successfully. The Tender Ready programme offers your business:
- A 12-month subscription to Facilities Tenders
- Access to Global Bid Directors and Senior Bidding professionals
- An organisation-wide Bid Library, including 3 case studies, 5 CV’s and 8 policies
- Additional flexible benefit options.
Tender Improvement can help if you aren’t seeing the desired results from your current tendering efforts. The Bid Team will assess your previous responses and tender documents, working with you to improve for future submissions. This package includes a 12-month subscription to Facilities Tenders and additional tendering development services.
If you’ve written your own tender response and need someone to double-check it for errors, Tender Mentor can help. Our Bid Team will proofread your work for any inconsistencies, grammar or spelling mistakes. They’ll also ensure that it’s in line with the specification before you submit.
Where can I find asbestos tender opportunities?
Searching for the right tender for your company can take time. There are thousands of sites posting multi-industry opportunities that are updated daily. Each may require a different login, password or portal and it can be hard to keep up. Simply relying on CPV codes can result in missed opportunities. This is because they are often mislabelled, ironically, going against their very purpose.
Luckily for you, we have a solution. Facilities Tenders is a portal that hosts all live tendering opportunities within the facilities management industry. It’s a time-saving tool that can help optimise your search using one, easy-to-navigate centralised portal.
Our Opportunity Trackers source and upload exclusive, public and private sector tenders from across the UK. You’re able to filter and search the results by keyword, budget, location and more. This allows you to find the perfect asbestos tender opportunities for your business, streamlining the process.
Below are previous asbestos tender opportunities sourced on our portal:
Approved list for Asbestos Removal – Review
London Borough of Bexley- London- Budget: Undisclosed
Asbestos Management Services
Newport City Homes- Wales- Budget: £2,400,000
Asbestos Removal Services
B3 Living- Eastern- Budget: £500,000
Asbestos Removal to New Islington Mill
Salford City Council- North West- Budget: Undisclosed
Asbestos Testing & Consultancy Framework
Hampshire County Council- South East- Budget: £500,000
A 12-month subscription to Facilities Tenders offers your business:
- Access to all exclusive, public and private sector opportunities within the facilities management industry.
- An on-hand Account Manager available to answer any questions you may have about finding asbestos tender opportunities. They can help you understand the procurement process and answer any questions you have about the tendering process in general.
- A daily email bulletin sent straight to your inbox when new, sector-specific opportunities are uploaded.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- 20-minutes of free consultancy with one of our Bid Consultants each month.
We also track opportunities for the following sub-sectors:
- Property Maintenance Contracts
- Solar Energy Contracts
- Electrical Testing Contracts
- Cemetery Contracts
- Grounds Maintenance Contracts
- Cleaning Contracts
- Facilities Management Tenders
- Window Cleaning Contracts
- Manned Security Tenders
- Grass Cutting Contracts
Book a free live demo today to learn how we can grow your business!
Want to save even more time?
Upgrading to Discover Elite allows you to identify tendering opportunities even when you’re busy. Our two upgraded packages can improve your competitor awareness and bidding success rate. Each can help save you even more time when searching for asbestos tendering opportunities.
The Ultimate Time Saver package offers your business:
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option can help businesses that overlap two industries such as Facilities and Construction, for example.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management, including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid
- Weekly phone calls with your dedicated Account Manager to discuss viable facilities tendering opportunities.
The Become a Pre-Bid Master package also includes:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business grow.
You Might Also Like
- How to Bid on HVAC Service Contracts: 5 things to consider
- 10 Things to Expect from Fire Alarm Maintenance Tenders
- A Guide to The Utilities Procurement Regulations
- How to Prepare for Energy Tenders in the UK
- How to Win Lawn Care Contracts up for Bid
- How to Bid on Landscaping Jobs
- Commercial Maintenance Contracts: 5 Things to Expect When Tendering
- How to Get Security Contracts for My Company
- How to Prepare for Gritting Tenders
- Boiler Contracts in the UK: What to Expect