How to Prepare for Energy Tenders in the UK
Energy tenders in the UK and where to find them
Searching for energy tenders in the UK can be overwhelming. Hundreds of websites post multi-sector opportunities daily and it can be hard to know where to begin.
Energy tenders in the UK can vary from renewable energy to energy efficiency contracts. Both the private and public sectors release energy tenders and they can be lucrative opportunities for your business.
Where to find energy tenders in the UK
Half the challenge of tendering is knowing where to find the right opportunity for your business. It can seem daunting and end up turning into a full-time job. Multiple websites ask for different logins and passwords, it can be hard to keep track. Ideally, you should be looking for a sector-specific portal that posts relevant exclusive, public and private tenders and leads.
Facilities Tenders is a centralised portal that hosts all the UK’s facilities management tendering leads and opportunities. Gone are the days of relying on inaccurate CPV codes that can result in missed opportunities. Our Opportunity Trackers manually source and upload relevant facilities management tenders daily from across the UK. You’re able to filter the results by location, budget, keyword and more. This allows you to find the perfect energy tenders in the UK for your company.
Below are previous energy tenders we sourced on our portal:
S/M Agreement for Building Management Equipment Services
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust- Yorkshire and Humber- Budget: Undisclosed
Jigsaw Homes Group Energy Tender 2021
Jigsaw Homes Group Ltd- North West- Budget: £3,000,000
Zero Carbon Electricity Power Purchase Agreement
London Borough of Hackney- London- Budget: Undisclosed
PS-21-13 – Dunlop ECC – Passivhaus (Energy Efficiency) New Build Project (PRJ0012653)
East Ayrshire Council- Scotland- Budget: £2,050,000
Energy Efficiency Retrofit Project Market Engagement
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority- Eastern- Budget: Undisclosed
A subscription to Facilities Tenders offers your business:
- Access to all exclusive, public and private sector opportunities within the facilities management industry.
- An on-hand Account Manager is available to answer any questions you may have about energy tenders in the UK. They can help you understand the procurement process and answer any questions you have about the tendering process in general.
- A daily email bulletin sent straight to your inbox when new, sector-specific opportunities are uploaded.
- Discounted support from Hudson Succeed, our bid writing division.
- 20-minutes of free consultancy with one of our Bid Consultants each month.
We also track opportunities for the following sub-sectors:
- Property Maintenance Contracts
- Solar Energy Contracts
- Electrical Testing Contracts
- Cemetery Contracts
- Grounds Maintenance Contracts
- Cleaning Contracts
- Facilities Management Tenders
- Window Cleaning Contracts
- Manned Security Tenders
- Grass Cutting Contracts
Book a free live demo today to learn how we can grow your business!
Once you’ve found a site that posts sector-specific opportunities, you may be wondering what’s needed. It’s important to develop a bank of responses ready to submit when the time comes. Writing a tender can take time, you will need to provide company information. A buyer will often ask for your business’s policies on a range of areas such as:
- Health and safety
- Modern slavery
- Equality and diversity
Question if the opportunity is right for your business
Before you get underway with any bid, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Can I deliver the contract if successful?
- Do I meet the minimum financial and eligibility criteria?
- Can I write a high quality, winning response?
- Do I have the required experience?
You should be answering yes to all the above questions when looking for the right energy tenders for your business. These are essential in order to be in a chance of winning a contract.
Know your businesses economic and financial standing
When submitting a tender response, you will be asked to provide your economic financial standing. This generally covers your business’s:
- Annual turnover
- Financial ratios
Have a bank of case studies demonstrating past contracts
Requirements for energy tenders in the UK could include previous contract examples of work you have completed. They should be similar in complexity, scope and style. You may be asked for up to three examples within the last five years. They are often referred to as case studies and can strengthen your bid. Make sure you keep them relevant and include any challenges you overcame.
Your case studies should demonstrate:
- Previous contracts similar in scale and location
- How you delivered the contract and mobilisation
- Any challenges you encountered and how you overcame them
- Whether you completed the contract on time and within budget.
CVs of the team members expected to work on the contract
Energy tenders in the UK may ask for you to attach CVs of team members expected to work on site. They should detail their:
- Job title
- Technical skills
- Relevant qualifications and accreditations.
You need to instil confidence in the client that your team knows what they’re doing. You should demonstrate that they will deliver the project successfully. It will never go amiss attaching a small, friendly and professional-looking picture of each team member. This enables the buyer to put a name to a face that they will potentially be working with on site.
Be prepared to answer a question on social value if tendering in the public sector
Public sector contracts have a mandatory 10% minimum weighting on social value for each tender. This is because they need to ensure value for money when spending taxpayer’s money. It’s also because they have pledged to commit to more sustainable procurement practices.
A winning tender will need to assess the various social, economic and environmental aspects while carrying out the tender. These could include:
- COVID-19 recovery
- Paying employees National Living Wage to tackle economic inequality
- Using local labour to tackle unemployment
- The environmental consideration taken, such as reducing waste and encouraging recycling
- Steps taken to reduce carbon emissions
- Upskilling and use of apprentices and more.
The pledges you make at this stage are often contractually binding. This means you should be making promises you can and will keep. It is not something to just gloss over within your tender response.
Need assistance when writing energy tenders?
You may not have the time, resources or experience to write a winning bid response in house. Writing energy tenders in the UK can take a large amount of time out of your day. If you are unsure if you can write a high-quality written response to the bid, outsourcing is a great option.
Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, have an 87% success rate and over 60 years of collective bid writing experience. They offer four levels of bid writing support to help you win energy tenders in the UK. Whether you’re completely new to tendering or you need your response proofread before you submit – we can help.
Once you’ve found the perfect energy tender for your business, why not send it over to us? Our Bid Writers can take care of it all for you. They’ll let you know what they need from you, providing you with a full Tender Writing breakdown. They’ll even submit it on your behalf.
Our Tender Ready programme is perfect for those who have never tendered before. A Bid Writer will work with you to make sure you have everything you need in place to tender successfully. The 4-week programme offers your business:
- A 12-month subscription to Facilities Tenders
- Access to Global Bid Directors and Senior Bidding professionals
- An organisation-wide Bid Library, including 3 case studies, 5 CV’s and 8 policies
- Additional flexible benefit options.
If you’ve been tendering but aren’t seeing the results you want, our Tender Improvement package can help. The Bid Team will assess your previous responses and tender documents, working with you to improve for future submissions. This package includes a 12-month subscription to Facilities Tenders and additional tendering development services.
If you’ve written your own tender response and need someone to double-check it for errors, Tender Mentor can help. Our Bid Team will proofread your work for any inconsistencies, grammar or spelling mistakes. They’ll also ensure that it’s in line with the specification before you submit.
Want to save even more time?
Upgrading to Discover Elite can help optimise your tendering opportunities – even when you’re busy! Our two upgraded packages can improve your bidding success rate and competitor awareness. Each package is a time-saving tool that can help your business when searching for energy tenders in the UK.
The Ultimate Time Saver package offers your business:
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Hudson Discover sector-specific portals. This option best suits a business that overlaps two industries such as Facilities and Logistics.
- A maximum of five tender breakdowns per month.
- Pre-market and award engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Buyer portal management including registration, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid or no-bid strategy.
- Weekly phone calls with your on-hand Account Manager to discuss viable tendering opportunities.
The Become a Pre-Bid Master package includes:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- A Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business grow.
You Might Also Like
- How to Bid on HVAC Service Contracts: 5 things to consider
- 10 Things to Expect from Fire Alarm Maintenance Tenders
- A Guide to The Utilities Procurement Regulations
- How to Win Lawn Care Contracts up for Bid
- Asbestos Tender Opportunities: 5 Things to Expect
- How to Bid on Landscaping Jobs
- Commercial Maintenance Contracts: 5 Things to Expect When Tendering
- How to Get Security Contracts for My Company
- How to Prepare for Gritting Tenders
- Boiler Contracts in the UK: What to Expect